Dry Fruit Laddu


Today, after lunch, we were just sitting back and enjoying a movie, when suddenly my hubby expressed his desire to enjoy something sweet... I have been thinking about this laddu for a while and then, I thought, why not I try this one! After all, it would be a nice sunday sweet...

So I started with it right away...It took me 30 minutes and my husband loved it!!!

I hope you will also enjoy trying this... Here is the recipe for "Dry Fruit Laddu"

Ingredients

Dates - 1 cup
Almonds-1/3 cup
Pistachios-1/3 cup
Cashewnuts-1/3 cup
Dry Grapes-1/3 cup
Sugar-1 tbsp
Ghee(melted butter)-2tbsp
Dessicated coconut-2-3 tbsp(optional)

Method

1. Chop the dates,almonds,pistachios,cashews,dry grapes into small pieces.

2. In a pan add ghee and first dry roast the almonds and pistachios .

3. Next roast the cashews and dry grapes and keep it aside.

4. In that same pan add the dates and melt it in a slow flame(it takes 3-5 mins).
(if you like more sweet you can add 1 tbsp sugar to this stage)

5. Mix the dates and nuts and roll it in your palms to form small laddoos.

6.finally roll them in dessicated coconut.(this is optional)

store it in an airtight container...

Share with me your thoughts on this once you have tried it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kumbilappam/Vazhanayila Appam/Chakka Appam/Steamed Jackfruit Dumplings

Murukku

Vegetable Oothappam