Vazhakoombu/Plantain Flower Thoran

Ingredients:
Plantain Flower - 1
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2tsp
Red chillies - 2
Crushed garlic -4
Coconut oil
Curry Leaves
Salt
 
Method:
Remove  3-4 outer layer of the banana flower.Chop it finely and mix it with 1tbsp of coconut oil.Keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.Het oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,red chillies and curry leaves.Add crushed garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.Add the chopped banana flower with salt and turmeric.Cover and cook it on low flame.Add grated coconut and saute for 3 minutes.Serve with rice.
 

Comments

  1. wow...great thoran with banana flower, awesome shot and lovely presentation Sree..
    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy thoran with plaintain flower, very nice recipe. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comments:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sree, love the thoran and so well displyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom makes this back home and is one of my favs... love the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful presentation and awesome recipe, dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow1 Love this thoran,one of my favorites, beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy and beautiful presentation dear...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat a healthy thoran, looks fantastic Sree..

    ReplyDelete
  9. my fav thoran..cute presentation Sree

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Sreelekha
    havent eaten banana flower for ages. I know only the Bong recipe ...I will try this one moment I get my kitchen..I mean when I am back home in weeks time
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. My all time fav...nice presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely presentation sree,nice and delicious dish too...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply Fantastic presentation and click. I love this dish a lot too :) great going buddy :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kumbilappam/Vazhanayila Appam/Chakka Appam/Steamed Jackfruit Dumplings

Murukku

Vegetable Oothappam